Listen to this article
Serious attempts have been made in Western nations to silence RT, following Russia’s military offensive in Ukraine. The EU Commission has given regulators in the bloc’s nations powers to ban the media outlet. If you’ve faced difficulties accessing RT’s content due to those restrictions, here are some steps you can take to bypass them.
- First, you can try accessing RT by opening a “private tab” or window on your Android/Apple phone or PC. This works in browsers like Brave.
- If you’re reading RT on your smartphone, you can use their Android app, which can be downloaded via this link.
- On your PC, you can use the Tor browser, which can be downloaded here. RT’s website address in Tor remains the same: www.rt.com. If Tor doesn’t work for you, or is unavailable via regular means, you can resolve this issue by sending an empty email to [email protected] and you will be sent the necessary link.
- Another way of circumventing restrictions is to use the Psiphon censorship-bypass tool, which can be downloaded for Windows, Android, and other systems. (Windows download here, direct Android download here, and other options here).
- Alternatively, you can just use a VPN service of your choice. I have a pretty decent list over at Dizzie of my personal favorites. Just head to the VPN section of the page.
- You can also stay in touch with RT through Telegram by subscribing to RT’s newly uncensored channel there.